Strange, out-of-the-box baby names are all the rage right now. Elon Musk and Grimes named their son X Æ A-Xii. Celebrities have come up with off-the-wall names like North, Blue, Apple, Cosmo, Pilot Inspektor, Gravity, and the list goes on.
Names that are banned are often tied to the practicality of the software used to store personal records. Names are also banned to protect children. Here in New York, there are rules to names a baby can legally be given. Below are actual names and types of names that are banned.
1. A baby cannot have a first or middle name that is longer than 30 characters each.
2. A baby's last name can't be longer than 40 characters.
3. A baby's name cannot contain any numbers or special characters.
4. A baby's name cannot be King, Queen or Majesty.
(Although I am not so sure, because rapper T.I. has a son named 'King.')
5. You cannot name your baby Jesus Christ.
Jesus by itself is fine. I grew up in the southwest, where Jesus is a common name, pronounced hay-SOOS.
6. III is a banned baby name.
7. A baby can't be named Santa Claus.
8. Misteri N*gger is off limits.
9. Stay away from trying to name your baby Adolph Hitler.
10. Messiah is a banned baby name.
11. You can't name a baby @.
12. No baby can be named 1069.
Source: US Birth Certificates